Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Awesome chicken recipe I spontaneously created

Right, well, tonight I was planning on barbecuing some chicken. Buuuut I didn't have enough charcoal. So, I did the next best thing and baked it! Of course, plain baked chicken is blah. So, I threw some random spices on the chicken. It came out perfect. So I figured I'd share the recipe:

Chicken. Any cut, and however much you want to make.
Garlic pepper seasoning. Not entirely sure what's in this, but I assume it's garlic and some sort of pepper. Just use a little bit of this.
Garlic powder. I'd use a good bit of this. It's good stuff.
Emeril's "Cajun Blast". Once again I don't know what's in this, but you may be able to find it in the grocery store. How much you use depends on how spicy you want it.
Black pepper. Use fresh ground, and only use a small amount.
Cayenne (Red) pepper. How much of this you use depends on how spicy you want it.

Okay, first, preheat the oven to about 425. Next, put a bit of butter in the dish/pan you'll be cooking the chicken in. When it's soft enough, spread it around a bit.
Secondly, sprinkle the ingredients (in the order listed) on the chicken and rub it in to spread it evenly. Put the chicken in whatever you're cooking it in.
Finally, Bake it for about 45 minutes. Watch it to make sure you don't over or undercook it.

This goes well with garlic toast and rice (I had some sort of roasted garlic rice). Yeah, I love garlic.

1 comment: